There are temple hair loss female stages, but what some individual didn’t know that stages of balding are not only present in men but also women. As the intensity and the way it affects will be different, it is not visible to figure out in most of the cases. Various factors influence baldness in women. Experiencing hair loss side of head can be due to hormonal deficiency or ageing. If you are subjected to powerful treatments like chemotherapy, hair loss is quite common. The genes present in the body will influence hair growth.
Causes of Female Hair Loss at Temples
Women in the age group of 25 to 40 years old usually face the issue of female hair loss. Almost 40 to 60% of women are reported to suffer from female receding hairline temples problems because of their current lifestyle. However, there can be several reasons for this as well. What is more shocking is that what seems like a mere hair fall might be the signs of female pattern baldness. The male pattern baldness is very common, but the same condition in women is also now surfacing to a very great extent. There are multiple causes for this temple hair loss female condition, they include:
- Stress – The number one cause for any illness and ailment is stress. Stress is the biggest factor for female hair loss at the temples or female pattern baldness. However, stress affects estrogen production which in turn stunts the production of testosterone, but it will strengthen the testosterone effect on the body as there would be too little estrogen defending it. The testosterone targets the hair follicles, which restricts their ability in producing hair to replace the fallen out ones.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome – This is a condition or a malfunction wherein the female body begins to produce more testosterone instead of estrogen. This not only results in the thinning at temples but also leads to weight gain, oily skin, infertility, hirsutism, and acne.
- Adrenam Tumour – If a female is suffering from any kind of tumour in the adrenal gland then it affects the production of adrenaline which in turn changes the complete makeup of the hormone, it gets converted to testosterone. This makes the female body react in a way that is not normal, it includes the same conditions as the polycystic ovary syndrome.
- Termination or Miscarriage – On the basic level of the body’s comprehension, miscarriage and medical termination are the same. Thus, it will react similarly to when a woman ought to be pregnant.
- Pregnancy – When a woman is pregnant, the body’s estrogen levels increase. This leads to the slowdown of the normal hair growth which triggers the fallout cycle, thus creating the female pattern of baldness. The female pattern of baldness from pregnancy normally begins post-childbirth. This is because too many hormonal changes going on, which causes a lot of stress in the body as well and leads to the said condition.
- Menopause – This is one condition that has a high chance to result in female pattern baldness. The body undergoes a lot of hormonal changes and there are tremendous side effects for the same. Women begin to either lose weight or excessively gain, a lot of hair fall, etc.
- Contraceptive Pills – The pill alters the hormones in a woman’s body. Thus, the most affected area would definitely be the hair. Women tend to experience excessive hair loss, thinning of hair, etc.
- Anaemia – The women’s hair loss at temples can be caused because of anaemia as well. Anaemia is a condition wherein the blood count of a person is too low. Thus, the hair follicles do not get the right nourishment that it needs, causing it to become weak and resulting into hair loss which can turn into female pattern baldness.
On average, the growth of hair will be half an inch per month. The hair follicle’s life will be to the extent of 2 to 6 years. As soon as the old hair is lost, new hair will appear. If you are affected by baldness, new hair will not grow. When the old hair falls and there is no possibility of the addition of new hair, it will result in baldness. The family history will carry the risk of female baldness. Ageing and hormonal imbalance is likely to affect the temples’ growth of hair in most cases.
The Cleveland Clinic have other informational about hair loss in women.
Causes not related to female pattern baldness
There are various causes that will lead to female balding at temples in normal ways, but are not related to female pattern baldness. If the hair is subjected to various twists and pulls along with various kinds of heat treatment methods, there will be extensive hair loss. Skin diseases, vitamin deficiency, syphilis, pregnancy, and various diseases will lead to loss of hair in a natural way.
Thinning of hair
The thinning of hair in female pattern baldness is different from male pattern baldness. In females, the thinning will happen on top of the head. It will also happen on the crown of the scalp. The hair loss will be very high at the center of the head. The front hairline will not be disturbed. In men, the hair loss will spread throughout the circumference and the fall will happen on a continuous basis. This is not the case with women. It is very rare to find total baldness in females. Other than hair loss, there will not be any effect on the skin. You will not experience itching or pain on the scalp.
Diagnosis & Treatment
In order to confirm what causes female balding at temples, the doctor will assess your medical history. The cause of hair loss through other means will be ruled out. The pattern present on the head will be studied. You will also go through a diagnosis to check the presence of too much of the male hormone in your body.
The presence of abnormal hair growth at various locations of the body will be checked. The hair may grow in the pubic area, belly button, and face. The doctor will also examine the changes in the menstrual cycles and clitoris enlargement. A blood test and skin biopsy will be done to confirm female pattern baldness. As long as you are comfortable with female pattern baldness, no medication is required. Medication on a short-term basis and hair transplantation are other options to overcome the issue.
Related Post; Female Pattern Baldness Picture
- How To Choose The Best Laser Cap For Hair Loss in 2023 - May 6, 2023
- Illumiflow Reviews 2023 | Does 272 Laser Cap Pro Work? - May 6, 2023
- Capillus Vs Theradome: Which Is Better To Buy? 2023 - May 5, 2023