Does dandruff cause balding are you just using the wrong shampoo that causes dandruff and hair loss? Keep reading for your answer so your can reverse your dandruff and stop the hair shedding problem.
What is dandruff
Dandruff is a common condition that causes flaky skin on your scalp. This skin often falls off, leaving white flakes on your shoulders. Some people with dandruff go on to develop hair loss, and asked themselves does dandruff cause balding.
Can dandruff cause baldness
No, in most cases, dandruff doesn’t directly cause baldness. However, the itchiness it causes can lead to scratching. This can injure your hair follicles, leading to some hair loss, though not complete baldness. In addition, dandruff can increase hair loss in people with androgenic alopecia, a condition that causes male pattern baldnes and female pattern baldness.
Cause of dandruff and hair loss
The major causes of dandruff and bald spot on the crown of the head are injury to health, growth of a lethal condition primarily because of taking incorrect foods, constipation, and a low liveliness because of infectious ailments. Another reason for the production of dandruff is the micro-organism known as pityrosporum-ovale which is there in the scalp of every person’s body. Dandruff is generally a consequence of the oiliness of the skin in excess instead of dryness. Dandruff is generally caused because of the dead skin being accumulated on the scalp but in a lot of more extreme cases, germ similar to yeast aggravates it.
While this microorganism is usually present on every person’s scalp, it can generate irritation if it develops heavily on the scalp. Hormones and DHT are also considered to be another important cause of dandruff because dandruff generally starts subsequent to puberty. Dandruff is more commonly found in men than women. For unidentified reasons, people with several diseases, for example, Parkinson’s disease, are more probable to possess dandruff.
What cause dandruff in hair
Dandruff is a common problem for many people around the world, many of whom suffer from serious hair loss due to dandruff. Dandruff can be irritating and embarrassing, and many people find that their dandruff problem can actually cause more serious issues in their personal and professional lives. To know the ways to treat dandruff effectively, it is important to know what causes dandruff in hair in the first place.
There are several causes of dandruff:
When the skin of the scalp becomes very dry, dandruff is very likely to occur. The cold weather of winter often causes the scalp to dry out, which causes the skin cells of the scalp to die much faster than normal. These dead skin cells tend to form large flakes of dead skin that appears as dandruff. If dry skin is the cause of dandruff, other parts of the body will likely be experiencing problems with dry skin as well. Small dry flakes falling from the scalp are a sign that dandruff has been caused by dry skin.
Oily and irritated skin is generally the most common reason for dandruff. The skin will usually appear red and covered in a thin sheen of oil. The flakes that fall from the scalp tend to be yellow or white, and are much larger than the flakes caused by dry skin. The cause of this type of dandruff is seborrheic dermatitis, an infection or irritation of the skin. A sign that this is the problem will be a similar appearance around the eyebrows, armpits, groin, breastbone, the back of the ears, and on either side of the nose.
When shampoo is not applied often enough to the scalp, the skin cells tend to accumulate on the scalp. The purpose of shampoo is to wash all of the excess dead skin cells and skin oils from the scalp, which helps to keep the scalp clean. When the hair is not washed properly, the oil and skin cells assemble into large flakes that appear as dandruff. This can generally be abolished simply by punctually washing one’s scalp with shampoo.
Psoriasis is a skin illness that appears similar to dandruff, thanks to the fact that it happens due to dead skin cells accumulating. It can be difficult to find out the difference between psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis, but the flakes will only appear large and silvery. A sign that psoriasis is the problem is when the same dead skin cell accumulation appears near the elbows, knees, and midsection.
Eczema is a skin problem similar to psoriasis, and it can also be the reason for dandruff. When there is eczema anywhere on the body, there is a great risk of it spreading to the scalp and causing serious dandruff problems. Eczema is not generally present on the scalp, but there is always the chance that it could spread.
Allergic or Sensitive Reaction to Hair Care Products
Many shampoos and hair care products have several ingredients that can cause an allergic or strong reaction when applied to someone with sensitive skin. The scalp becomes very red, feels incredibly itchy, and flakes or scales fall from the scalp. If shampoo is applied more often, there is a risk of the skin reacting to the strong ingredients in the product. The same goes for hair styling products, which is why it is obvious to test each product before applying it and keep the application of hair care products to a minimum.
Malassezia is a fungus that is present on the heads of every adult around the world, but most people have no problems with the fungus. When the fungus grows too fast or spreads too much, it tends to sustain itself by consuming the sebum produced by the skin. This can irritate the skin, and cause the production rate of new skin cells to increase. Old skin cells are sloughed off much faster than normal, and they clump together to fall as white flakes that appear as dandruff. There is little known info about the reason for the Malassezia fungus suddenly growing too much, but there are certain hormonal, emotional, and physiological factors that have been proven to affect the growth rate of this fungus.
How to get rid of dandruff
Dandruff is considered to be the most common and complex skin problem which results in the flaking of the white and dry skin from the scalp. Some of the main causes of dandruff are a fat-eating yeast fungus called Malassezia, excessive shampooing, stress, poor diet, overuse of styling products, oily skin, dry skin, and any other combination of the mentioned problems. Since there are many causes of dandruff, hence there are many treatments for dandruff. The most trusted option for the treatment of dandruff is considered to be the self-care option. It is considered to be the most effective method and hence most the people are going for this option.
The best way to get rid of dandruff fast is to go the use of commercial shampoos. A good anti-dandruff shampoo is known to contain elements like coal tar, selenium sulfide, zinc, and salicylic acid. All these elements and minerals are very much useful in the treatment of the irritation of the skin cells. Some of the most effective brands of commercial shampoos are the Pantene Pro-V, Neutrogena, and the Head and Shoulders. In case you are having doubts regarding the usage of any kind of shampoo then you can always take the help of a dermatologist or a hairstylist. If you have chosen the right shampoo and can get rid of dandruff then make sure that you must use that shampoo on the regular basis. Take a small amount of that shampoo and rinse your hair to avoid further scalp irritation.
Other dandruff treatment
- Another way to get rid of the dandruff is to go for the styling of your regimen: some of the compounds like the dyes, waxes, creams, and hair gels and also the use of irons and the hair dryers can lead to the irritation of the scalp. If you want to get rid of these scalp problems, then you have to reduce the usage of these products. Instead of these products, you can go for the use of products that have natural ingredients. Some of the common methods are the towel-drying and the air-drying.
- Another way to get rid of dandruff is to go for the use of lotions and moisturizing oils: in this case, you can try oil with peppermint or a refreshing scalp scrub. Such types of products will help in healing flaky and dry skin. Besides this, they will also help in the circulation which is considered to be the key factor. Some of the other ways to improve circulation are massaging or brushing the scalp before going the use of shampoo, exercising in the presence of sunshine and the fresh air, and rinsing your hair with the cold and warm water in an alternate manner.
- If you are consuming a healthy diet then also you can get easily rid of dandruff. A diet containing vitamin A and B are very much helpful in fighting against the scalp.
Dandruff treatment at home
Anti-dandruff shampoos are everywhere. If you visit grocery stores, you will find different kinds of anti-dandruff shampoos. However, in getting rid of dandruff, if the commercial technique doesn’t work, then the other option is home remedies for dandruff. There are many herbs that stimulate hair growth home remedies techniques to choose from. If you have hair loss and dandruff, you may try a hot steam bath. But if you have dry dandruff, it is not advisable to do a hot shower. It will only complicate the dryness even more.
Dandruff removal home remedies
- Olive oil: You can use sesame oil or olive oil to massage your hair and scalp before you go to sleep at night. Warm the oils and massage your head with the warm oil. It will allow your blood vessels to expand and your hair will also be more beautiful.
- Vinegar: We all know that vinegar is a good food ingredient. But don’t you know that this ingredient is one of the best home remedies to get rid of dandruff? Rub vinegar into your hair one hour before you take a bath.
- Lime juice: If lime juice is available, then you can also use that ingredient. All you have to do is to take off the peel of lime and dip it into coconut milk. Also, you can prepare home mixture consisting of one table spoon of fresh lemon juice with one hundred grams of witch hazel, two hundred millimeters of water. After doing this, leave this in the sun for a few days and just rub it into your hair. This is very helpful especially if your dandruff is caused by bacteria. This will treat your scalp. Aside from being one of the best home remedies for dandruff, this is also considered as effective hair growth home remedies.
- Herbal lime-based shampoo: You can also use herbal lime-based shampoo for dandruff control.
- Almond: may also do. Yes, almond is not only for chocolates. It is also one of the home remedies against dandruff. All you have to do is to look for almond oil and pure sulphur. Just add four parts water or rose water to the bowl, and rub well on the scalp. Massage your scalp with this oil. The set up for this technique is like doing hot oil in the parlor, without the use of electricity. Get a towel and dip it in boiling water. After that, wrap it around your hair, like a turban. Aside from dandruff problems, massaging your scalp with olive oil and almond oil for at least five minutes every day before taking a bath can keep your hair shiny and dandruff free.
These are just some of the solution homemade remedies for dandruff, and you can try others if those apply to you. Remember, the best way to get rid of dandruff is to maintain good health. Avoid being stressed because it can cause dandruff. Relax, and you should sleep at least eight hours a day. Avoid using hair dryers or hair blowers. If possible, do away with those parlor treatments because they will only damage your hair and scalp which can cause dandruff lead to hair loss.
How to remove dandruff from hair permanently at home
If you are suffering from dandruff, and you have no idea what cause dandruff in hair and how to get rid of it, worry no more! There are many ways how to remove dandruff from hair permanently at home with lemon and other natural remedies. Here are some of the best tips:
1. Yogurt – can be used as hair conditioner. After washing your hair, try rubbing yogurt on your scalp. Leave it as it is for ten to fifteen minutes. Also, you can use two tablespoons of vinegar as your final rinse. Rinse, and then rewash using the minimum amount of shampoo.
2. Use fresh lemon juice – during or before taking a bath. Massage it on your scalp and hair. Don’t forget to rinse thoroughly.
3. Cedar wood – is used as an anti-bacterial or fungicide. This is also effective in getting rid of dandruff. If you have this kind of oil, all you have to do is to mix the oil of the Cedarwood, juniper, and cypress in fifty millimeters of the carrier oil. After that, rub it into your scalp and then leave it on for an hour. After one hour, remove it by applying mild shampoo on your hair and wash this using warm water.
4. Coconut oil – You can also use coconut oil. First, wash your hair, however, do not use any conditioners. Your hair should be dry. Then, apply or put the coconut oil on your scalp. If possible, avoid applying it to the rest of your hair. Lastly, wash it with water and rinse thoroughly. Do this at least twice or thrice a week until the dandruff is gone.
5. Baby oil – Another is the use of baby oil. Apply baby oil onto the scalp, and massage your scalp. Get a towel and cover your hair with the towel. Leave it overnight. In the morning, wash it with water and good anti-dandruff shampoo. It will also relieve itch.
6. Vinegar – is also helpful. Rub vinegar into your scalp before taking a bath every day. Wash your hair with water and rinse thoroughly.
The use of anti-dandruff shampoos is also advisable if you do not want to do the above-mentioned ways. However, it is not an assurance that your problem will be solved. That is the reason why there are natural ways how to get rid of dandruff.
As we all know, the best way how to remove dandruff from hair at home permanently is by washing your hair regularly or, even better, every day. In this way, you are not only cleansing your hair but your scalp as well. It is also the best way to protect your scalp and hair from any damage.
Stay healthy! Eat well-balanced food, especially those foods that are rich in vitamins or minerals that will help you get rid of dandruff.
Does dandruff cause balding: Conclusion
Dandruff doesn’t immediately cause balding. Unless and until constantly scratching your scalp can damage your hair follicles and lead to hair loss. The dandruff is not permanent and should resolve once you find out what’s causing your dandruff. If you don’t already know the cause, your doctor or dermatologist can help.
- Kaleidoscope Miracle Drops Review: My In-Dept Experience! - December 5, 2023
- Does Ben Affleck Wear a Toupee? Unraveling the wig Mystery - December 4, 2023
- Anthony Edwards Bald | Embracing a New Look in the NBA - December 3, 2023