This is the mega list of all the best different types of facial hair growth out there. Obviously, people in puberty will continue to do crazy things with their facial hair, and stages of balding can’t account for some of the more colourful or original variations.
I will continue to build this list as I find new styles of facial hair growth and types of beard. If you want to share your facial hairstyle, you can use the form to the right to send in pics.
Some facial hair looks good with balding people or shave head, so check out these best balding beard styles for bald head men.
Different types of facial hair growth
Without further delay, here’s the mega list of facial hair beard styles.
1. Beard – This is the most commonly known types of facial hair that usually grow along the chin, neck, and cheeks. Sometimes the hairs grow along the upper lip.
2. Chin Curtain – The hair grows exclusively along the jawline. Some may grow the hair even beyond the chin area, but the trademark of this facial hair type is to produce a curtain-like hair that hangs from the jaw.
3. Balcarottas – The style involves long hair sideburns. To accentuate the facial hairstyle, some prefer to shave the head for a stylish impact.
4. Chopper – The hair grows to circle the mouth while the chin, cheek and neck are shaven.
5. Goatee – Anyone wearing this facial hair style will look like a goat because of its close similarity to the hair grown in goats. The style involves facial hair growing along the chin, with longer strands along both sides of the mouth.
6. German Goatee – This type of facial hair style is Goatee inspired only with a touch of intimidating look and aggressive appearance. The hair grows surrounding the mouth and the hair along with the jawline flares out.
7. Full Facial – The style involves the hairs that are connected from the eyebrows to the cheek and extend to the forehead hairline. It may even be connected to the hairs on the jaw line down the neck.
8. Horseshoe a.k.a. The Hogan – This type of facial hair was popularized by the famed wrestler Hulk Hogan. The hair is worn like a mustache extending beyond the ends of the upper lip. Then the hair goes all the way down to reach the chin or jaw line.
9. French Fork – The hair is styled like a goatee or a beard with double points.
10. Mustache – The hair grows exclusively along the upper lip.
11. Five O’Clock Shadow a.k.a Stubble – If a guy shaves in the morning, usually by the evening hair will make a reappearance. This growing hair is thin and short enough to see the skin beneath. Some men cultivate this look intentionally by using a beard trimmer to keep the hair close, but longer than it would be if a razor is used.
12. Franz Josef – This hair style on the face produces a sideburn connecting to a mustache. It will look like a beard that does not have hair on the chin.
13. Moustachio – This is a highly luxurious looking hair forming along the sides of the mouth. Some call it nose beard.
14. Neckbeard or “The Huey” – The hair is grown on the neck only. It is also known as “the scarf” or “throatee.” As Reddit users can attest, this is the preferred facial hair style for basement-dwelling creepsters everywhere.
15. Klingon Beard – This is a Star Trek-inspired facial hair style where the facial hair grow as a mustache, but the middle portion is completely shaved.
16. Burnsides a.k.a. The Lemmy – The hairs along the neck and chin are shaved clean while a beard connects across the upper lips.
17. Soul patch – A small patch of hair growing in the middle of the chin below the lower lip. It has a certain “date rapey” vide to it and is probably a secret location for stashing roofies.
18. The Marcos a.k.a. Pornstache – This was famous among porn stars in the 70′s where a thick and wide mustache grows extending over the length of the lips.
19. The Pencil Mustache a.k.a. Mouthbrow – A narrow hair growing to outline the upper lip and there is a wide gap between the nose and the hair.
20. Pubestache or Pubeard – This facial hair type is known for its large and course hair strands that resemble pubic hair. It is usually prominent and dark, and generally dry-heave inducing.
21. Pork Chops – The face comes with a clean look without any facial hair except those growing as side burns along the side of the face.
22. Musketeer mustache a.k.a. “The Van Dyke” – The facial hair style is a combination of two patches, one as a goatee and the other as a mustache. Both are shaped differently, with the hair on the chin shaped like a narrow oval while the mustache flaring out.
23. Toothbrush – The hair only grows limited below the nose but is too narrow that it does not go beyond the nose sides. The hair is typically thick and is limited only to about 2.5 cm wide.
24. Viking beard – This is a kind of beard that grows along the upper lip, cheek and the chin. The hair is so thick that the skin beneath the hair is not visible. Some grow the hair down the throat. It may take more than six months to grow this type of facial hair.
Now, you can identify these different types of facial hair growth. If I’ve forgotten any, please let me know in the comments.