This article will discuss the best shampoos for hair loss after bariatric surgery. It is a must for these individuals to take care of their hair as it can be a source of insecurity.
Some people might think that bariatric surgery is the cause of their hair loss, but it can also be caused by other factors such as stress, hormones, and genetics.
What is Hair Loss After Bariatric Surgery?
Hair loss is a common side effect of bariatric surgery. The hair loss can be due to the body’s response to weight loss surgery, or it may occur due to hormonal changes after surgery. Hair loss may develop gradually or suddenly. It can be temporary or permanent.
If you’re considering bariatric surgery, you should know that you might experience hair loss as one of the possible side effects. Bariatric surgeons and physicians usually give their patients a heads-up about this potential side effect before they go under the knife. However, it’s still important to know what might happen so that you can prepare for it if necessary.
The best way to avoid hair loss is by maintaining an appropriate weight for your height and age. This will reduce the risk of hair loss after bariatric surgery significantly. You should also ensure that your diet is balanced and healthy to avoid any nutritional deficiencies that could lead to crown thinning.
The most common types of bariatric surgery are:
The Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy, and biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch.
- The Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: is a surgical procedure that reduces the size of the stomach to about 15% of its original volume. A small pouch is formed at the top of the stomach, which can only hold about one ounce. The lower part of the stomach is attached to a section of the small intestine, which provides nutrients to help with digestion. This surgery also restricts food intake by making it difficult for people to eat large quantities at one time.
- A sleeve gastrectomy: removes 80%–90% of the stomach, leaving only a narrow tube that can hold only about one ounce. The intestines are then connected, so food goes directly into them instead of through a narrowed opening in the stomach. This surgery makes it difficult for people to eat in large quantities.
- A biliopancreatic diversion: with a duodenal switch is a surgery in which the stomach and small intestine are connected to a section of the small intestine that includes part of the first portion of the small intestine, called the duodenum. The surgery can be performed laparoscopically or by open incision. This operation makes it difficult for people to eat large quantities at one time because it moves food from their stomachs into a smaller portion of their intestinal.
What is the best shampoo for hair loss after bariatric surgery?
Hair loss is a common side effect of bariatric surgery. Finding the best shampoo for hair loss after bariatric surgery is essential to maintain your hair and scalp health.
Many shampoos can be used for this purpose, but if you want to find the best shampoo for hair loss after bariatric surgery, you should consider these:
1. Viviscal Gorgeous Growth Densifying Shampoo
The Viviscal Gorgeous Growth Densifying Shampoo is a product that has been proven to work. It is one of the most popular products on Amazon and has a 4.5-star rating, which is very high. The reviews are also very positive and seem to work for most people who use them.
The Viviscal Gorgeous Growth Densifying Shampoo has many benefits, making it worth buying for many people. It doesn’t only help with hair growth but also helps with hair loss and thinning hair. It also strengthens your hair, makes your scalp healthier, and leaves your hair smelling great!
A negative aspect is that this shampoo can be expensive to buy in stores because it’s not always available in retail stores or at a reasonable price online. However, you can usually find this shampoo on sale or at discounted prices on Amazon Prime day or Black Friday sales!
2. Kiierr DHT Blocking Shampoo for Hair Growth
Kiierr DHT Blocking Shampoo for Hair Growth is a shampoo that helps grow hair. It contains a special ingredient that blocks DHT from getting to the hair follicles and prevents hair loss.
This best shampoo for thinning hair after bariatric surgery is made of natural ingredients, like protein, vitamins, and biotin,
that have no side effects on the scalp or hair. It is also not expensive and can be bought from any store near you.
3. Hair la vie revitalize shampoo
Hair la vie revitalize shampoo and restore conditioner is a product launched by the company to provide nutrients to the hair. It is made up of natural ingredients, which provide the hair with many benefits. The shampoo helps prevent hair loss for people who suffer from dry scalp or dandruff by strengthening and nourishing the hair, thus making it look healthy and shiny.
It helps treat these problems by providing relief from itching and irritation on the scalp and reducing flakes on the scalp and hair.
The Hair la vie shampoo is formulated with ingredients such as Aloe Vera, Moroccan Argan Oil, Shea Butter, and Olive Oil which are all-natural ingredients. These ingredients help to nourish your scalp and give you healthier-looking locks.
Other treatment for hair loss after bariatric surgery
- Hair regrowth devices with red laser light therapy
- Use regrowth serum for hair loss after weight loss surgery
- Propecia and finasteride
Some people who have undergone bariatric surgery will experience hair loss. This is because the surgery alters the hormones in the body, which can cause hair to thin or fall out.
The most common treatment for hair loss after bariatric surgery is Rogaine, a topical solution that can be used on the scalp to stimulate hair growth.
Rogaine helps by increasing blood flow to the scalp and follicles, encouraging more healthy hair growth.
Rogaine can be used alone or as part of a treatment plan with other medications like Propecia vs Finasteride.
Some people use Rogaine for other reasons besides surgical recoveries, such as thinning hair due to aging or genetics.
Related Post: Can weight gain cause hair loss